Canadian Equality Consulting Inc. Services related to Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace
In our previous blog post in our series on Diversity & Inclusion, we discussed resources for building workplace Diversity and Inclusion, including our recommendation that organizations seek out Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) professionals to ensure that the diverse needs of their organization are met. In this final blog of our Diversity and Inclusion series, we discuss some of the services that Canadian Equality Consulting Inc. (CEC) can offer your organization on this important, if often challenging, organizational issue.
CEC has several services that can help you meet your organization’s diverse needs. These services include:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 101 Course: Learn the foundations with this course! Learn all about diversity, equity and inclusion – what they are, why they are important, the benefits and applicability to your workplace, and how you can champion and advance this important work. This course includes the concepts of Intersectionality, Power and Privilege and Allyship.
- Unconscious Bias Course: Examine your personal and organizational biases and learn how to combat them. Learn all about explicit biases vs implicit biases, micro-aggressions, the most common types of biases, the neuroscience behind them, and exactly how you can become bias aware and combat them on a daily basis.
- Recruiting and Hiring for Diversity Course. Learn exactly how to recruit and hire for diversity. This course includes learnings on diversity, intersectionality, unconscious biases, inclusive language and marketing, and equitable recruitment and hiring best practices.
- GBA+ Tools. Gender-Based Analysis Plus, often referred to as GBA+, is an equity tool currently championed by the Government of Canada and other large-scale organizations. CEC offers GBA+ assessments for organizations and projects, customized GBA+ training, and runs an annual GBA+ conference for professionals to accelerate impact.
- DEI Assessments. CEC offers a baseline assessment to determine your current state of DEI and provide a thorough analysis of your diversity, intersectionality, gaps, risks, challenges and opportunities. Assessments provide you with actionable recommendations to make impactful positive change. Additional services include consultations, benchmarking, data & analytics, and policy & process support.
- DEI Strategy and Implementation. Using a combination of your organization’s DEI data and industry best practices, we will build tailored and integrated DEI strategies, frameworks, and action plans. To help ensure sustainable change, we also offer implementation support.
- DEI Training. CEC offers in-person, live online or online on-demand DEI training customized to your work. Our trainings are evidence-based and informed by best practices and designed to be impactful and sustainable, including courses, webinars, and workshops on topics such as Microaggressions and Bias Awareness; Power, Privilege and Allyship; Cross Cultural Communication; Inclusive Boards; Recruiting and Hiring for Diversity; Equitable and Inclusive Leadership; and Inclusive Language and Communications, among others.
- Equitable and Inclusive Leadership Certification Program. A leadership development program specifically designed to spearhead diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in your organization with immediate actionable tools and strategies, the certification program will allow you to champion and lead DEI and build an inclusive culture in your workplace.
- Canadian Equality Subscription. Receive a year-long learning, support and capacity-building partnership with CEC, and over the course of the year, you can leverage DEI expertise and resources to help enact sustainable positive change. Subscription service members receive access to an interdisciplinary community of DEI experts, monthly DEI educational webinars, policy templates, a library of DEI tools and templates, research and resources, microlearning videos, e-learning, and other add-ons.
Don’t see something that exactly meets your requirements on the above list? Reach out to CEC directly about creating a custom DEI option with our team of experts for your organization’s specific needs.