Webinar: Detangling Anti-Fat Bias in the Workplace + Intersections with Racism
February 23, 2023 – 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
Larger-bodied folks make up a big percentage of the workforce in Canada however they are often ostracised and marginalized at work adding to the stigmatization they already face living in a bigger body. How can we make the workplace safer for folks of all body sizes and in what ways are we subtly (or not so subtly) signalling that thinness is preferred?
The webinar will cover:
- Terminology- what words to avoid and which to embrace
- Stats around weight stigma in the workplace
- How anti-fat bias supports many other systems of oppression
- Health! But aren’t fat people unhealthy? Shouldn’t they lose weight?
- Ways to make the workplace welcoming for people in bigger bodies
Vinny Welsby (They/Them)
Vinny Welsby (they/them) is a world-leading expert on dismantling fatphobia and diet-culture, TEDx speaker, and best-selling author.
They went from being homeless, abused with self-esteem that was achingly low into the courageous fat activist and change maker they are today. Vinny is trans non-binary and is dedicated to shifting the way society views fat and trans bodies through education and compassion.
Contact us if over 10 people from your organization will attend, for special pricing!